domingo, 13 de noviembre de 2016

The Secret Garden Blog -Alan Eduardo Gómez Arias

Alan Eduardo Gómez Arias 
B2 400 16
11/13/16

The Secret Garden   by Frances Hodgson Burnett 


Great Book

It is a very entertaining book because it has a lot of drama which is personally one of my favorite genders. Also I feel very identified with the protagonist (in the good things). The reason of that is because I since that age (nine or ten years old) I was very anxious kid because I always loved the adventure and to explore new environments and making it like my own lair. In a tennis club I used to went wen I was younger I had my “own” lair and was a secret who my dad and me “only” knew.

But I don't feel completely identify with  Mary because I doesn't had the problems that Mary suffer in the story. Mary was a girl who doesn't got anything emotional from her parents. Her parents doesn't paid attention to her. My parents alway pay me attention if I need it. Also Mary suffer of a parent’s death which I never suffer because my parents still alive. I think Mary suffer a lot because she moved to another family. Then she moved with his uncle in London.

 Mary was from India and I think is very tough to change from on country to another in one day. After all Mary with 9 years old tried to link up with her new society. Also I am very surprised to see that Mary handles very good the suffer, is like she doesn't suffer anything at all. I’ll suffer a lot if I was in her shoes. She doesn't care about her mom’s death. She just want to have fun in her new home which is good but it is very weird to me. I never had to change from one city to another, but I already changed to a new home in the same city. Also I love changes so moving wasn't a problem at all.

This book I liked a lot because it relives somehow many memories of my childhood. It is a very funny and intrepid book. When I was a child, I was characterized by being very naughty and adventurous. I always got lost in search of adventure. Everything caught my attention and more if it was flashy and fun. That caused me a lot of scolding but I did it anyway. These kinds of memories Mary gives me when she insists on opening that secret garden that intrigues her so much.

How I see it

I believe that everyone has a secret garden. Some of us doesn't has a bloomed one and it need to grow. Others are very bloomed. A beautiful garden is bloomed because is composed with beautiful and priceless memories. In the ugly garden we feel shame to showing it so we locked it and make that anybody see it, just like Mary’s uncle. We need to improve our gardens being a good person. Being a good person may make that the memories you’ll have became always better and happier than a embittered or angry person. I don't feel shame about my secret garden. I believe that this secret garden that I have is beautiful and bloomed because all my memories who conformed it are made by good experiences and surrounded by good people. People that I really care about. 

I recommend it a lot because is a different book. It has a lot of different genres such as drama, suspense, and action. This book may teach a lot of values. This book teach in somehow the value of perseverance and security, because Mary always show it among this story.  I want to share some of my favorites quotes:

“If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.”  -Frances Hodgson Burnett 
We need to see people with other eyes. If everyone has a secret garden that mean that the whole world is composes by secret garden. This quote is so true because the world is a massive garden with others inside of it.

“She made herself stronger by fighting with the wind.” -Frances Hodgson Burnett 
I love this quote because it makes me feel more inspirational about my thoughts about goals. I think that achieving goals is by far a mental strength achievement, because a weak person will never had the strength to motivate himself of making goals or dreams. Everything in this world may make us more weak or more stronger. You decide what to do 


“And the secret garden bloomed and bloomed and every morning revealed new miracles.” -Frances Hodgson Burnett 
A bloomed garden always will bring positive things, because this bloomed garden is composed by positive act, memories, experiences and thoughts. The achievement of having this garden are miracles.


“However many years she lived, Mary always felt that 'she should never forget that first morning when her garden began to grow'.”       -Frances Hodgson Burnett 
Everyones should remember the day that our garden began to grow because is a big step for our improvement as person. This day is very especial, because our secret garden begins to change for good. Mary doesn't had a bloomed or a growth by the negative stuffs that she was crossing, but now she see life with another point of view.


Vocabulary word: 

 Quarreling 

 noun
an dispute or discussion marked by a  break in friendly relations. 

"Last night I had a quarreling with my ex-best friend."













Cockle  

substantive 
A shell produced by the sea.

"My mom always brings cockles when she travel to the sea."













Hunchback

adjective
A person whose back is hunched due to  curvature of the upper spine.

"Sit right or you will be a hunchback."















Horrid 

adjective
Causes horror and dislike.

"For me Donald Trump is a horrid person."












Marchioness

Adjective
The wife of a marquess.

" The marquess Charles Emmanuel, retired to Chambery, and married the countess of San Sebastiano (afterwards Marchioness of Spigno).
  
Resultado de imagen para examples of marchioness 










 
Wailing

Verb
A shout produced by lament or effort.

"My sister is crying and her wailings are annoying me"


 Resultado de imagen para wailing


 Shivering

verb
To shake with cold, fear, excitement, etc.
 "When I opened  the window my dog shiver."

Resultado de imagen para shivering

Appallling

adjective
Causing dismay or horror.
"I have an appalling reputation because, I cheated on my girlfriend.
Resultado de imagen para dislike

Bungalows

noun
A house that usually has only one level
"I will pass my vacation in a bungalow besides the sea"

Resultado de imagen para bungalows definition

Cholera


Noun
infectious disease characterized by profuse diarrhea, vomiting, cramps, etc.

"A lot of people has been reported by having Cholera in India."
Resultado de imagen para cholera













No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario